Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!
www.VNCommodore.com Support Site - Forums Page © 2005 - 2023
    Forums Page 

Main Menu

Start Page  
Forums  
Register  
Recipe Book  
Active Topics  
Active Polls  
Forum Search  
Online Auctions  
Online Classifieds  
FAQ  
Greeting Cards  
Guestbook  
Disclaimer  
Contact Us  
Links  
Username:

Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

www.VNCommodore.com Support Forums
 All Forums
 General Area
 VNCommodore.com Polls
 car manual of choice
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
  Current Topic Rating: Total Rating: 0 | Join the Forum to Rate this Topic at: www.VNCommodore.com Support Forums  

trizo
Forum Moderator

desert-sheriffstar

3091 Posts

Male

Posted - 30 Jun 2007 :  02:28:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit trizo's Homepage  Click to see trizo's MSN Messenger address Send trizo a Private Message

Poll Question:
was wondering what people would perferr using in the way of car manuals!! I have the max ellery's and the gregory's! I perferr the gregory's for the detailed electrical diagrams but use the ellery's 4 most of the other parts on the car!!

Results:
max ellery's   [8%] 1 votes
gregory's   [85%] 11 votes
haynes   [8%] 1 votes

Poll Status: Locked  »»   Total Votes: 13 counted  »»   Last Vote: 10 Jun 2008 10:56:44 AM 

3 can keep a secret if 2 are dead
Report to Moderator

nodg
National Driver

1667 Posts

Male

Posted - 30 Jun 2007 :  02:43:13 AM  Show Profile  Click to see nodg's MSN Messenger address Send nodg a Private Message

the haynes is more of a mechanics strip and rebuild book

Cheers,
Nodg.
Report to Moderator Go to Top of Page

trizo
Forum Moderator

desert-sheriffstar

3091 Posts

Male

Posted - 30 Jun 2007 :  02:43:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit trizo's Homepage  Click to see trizo's MSN Messenger address Send trizo a Private Message

you got the haynes hey nod???

nodg
National Driver

1667 Posts

Male

Posted - 30 Jun 2007 :  02:48:49 AM  Show Profile  Click to see nodg's MSN Messenger address Send nodg a Private Message

i have one buried at my dads house in brissy had it when i got my vn formula when i was 14

Cheers,
Nodg.

VNSVLE
Forum Moderator

smiley-blunder

1316 Posts

Male

Posted - 30 Jun 2007 :  3:34:37 PM  Show Profile Send VNSVLE a Private Message

I agree with trizo about the gregory's and ellery's. I am yet to have any experience with the haynes. I also find that the gregory's is alot easier to follow.

What's the difference between understeer and oversteer?
Understeer is when the driver is scared.
Oversteer is when the passenger is scared.

MILD50
Fully Licenced

armedforces-tankdriver

850 Posts

Male

Posted - 01 Jul 2007 :  10:00:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit MILD50's Homepage Send MILD50 a Private Message

I thought that Gregories was bought out by Haynes and that Gregories are no longer published?

Haven't had any exposure to Ellery's but you can get the actual GM Workshop manuals (I think there is between 8 and 12 volumes) from Pitstop... The recommendation is that you don't need all volumes- just pick and choose the ones you need.

trizo
Forum Moderator

desert-sheriffstar

3091 Posts

Male

Posted - 01 Jul 2007 :  4:10:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit trizo's Homepage  Click to see trizo's MSN Messenger address Send trizo a Private Message

Not to sure ??? I always thought gregory's was still around ! Wouldnt mind getting my hands on a gm manual, is that the pitstop book shop your talkin about?

MILD50
Fully Licenced

armedforces-tankdriver

850 Posts

Male

Posted - 01 Jul 2007 :  4:16:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit MILD50's Homepage Send MILD50 a Private Message

Yeah- Pitstop have some but not all. I think they are just under $40 each?

I haven't seen them elsewhere but let me know if you can find them cheaper! I leech them when I can from Dad's workshop but I should really own a couple.

trizo
Forum Moderator

desert-sheriffstar

3091 Posts

Male

Posted - 01 Jul 2007 :  4:27:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit trizo's Homepage  Click to see trizo's MSN Messenger address Send trizo a Private Message

lol theres 1 in town here , so I'll have to look, plus I need 1 for my torago.

nodg
National Driver

1667 Posts

Male

Posted - 01 Jul 2007 :  6:48:11 PM  Show Profile  Click to see nodg's MSN Messenger address Send nodg a Private Message

im fairly sire all the supercheap ones are gregories?? but your better off with a haynes because their more of a strip and rebuild manual

Cheers,
Nodg.

trizo
Forum Moderator

desert-sheriffstar

3091 Posts

Male

Posted - 01 Jul 2007 :  6:51:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit trizo's Homepage  Click to see trizo's MSN Messenger address Send trizo a Private Message

more pricey but hey?

formula
Fully Licenced

loon007

162 Posts

Male

Posted - 01 Jul 2007 :  10:52:48 PM  Show Profile Send formula a Private Message

gregory's is top stuff

broom

nodg
National Driver

1667 Posts

Male

Posted - 01 Jul 2007 :  11:11:50 PM  Show Profile  Click to see nodg's MSN Messenger address Send nodg a Private Message

cant remember

Cheers,
Nodg.

OZI-HOLDEN
P Plater

smiley-grimmace

53 Posts

Male

Posted - 01 Dec 2007 :  10:14:59 PM  Show Profile  Click to see OZI-HOLDEN's MSN Messenger address Send OZI-HOLDEN a Private Message

gregory's has come in handy more than a few times

nodg
National Driver

1667 Posts

Male

Posted - 05 Dec 2007 :  8:10:33 PM  Show Profile  Click to see nodg's MSN Messenger address Send nodg a Private Message

gregeries is definately better understanding, but the best ive come across is the haynes which is a complete strip and rebuild of the whole car

Cheers,
Nodg.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
www.VNCommodore.com Support Forums © 2005 - 2023 Go To Top Of Page  
This page shown in 0.3 seconds.   Snitz Forums 2000
Do not Click Here

Currently 20 user(s) online