Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!
www.VNCommodore.com Support Site - Forums Page © 2005 - 2023
    Forums Page 

Main Menu

Start Page  
Forums  
Register  
Recipe Book  
Active Topics  
Active Polls  
Forum Search  
Online Auctions  
Online Classifieds  
FAQ  
Greeting Cards  
Guestbook  
Disclaimer  
Contact Us  
Links  
Username:

Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

www.VNCommodore.com Support Forums
 All Forums
 General Area
 Car Audio
 Splits in front doors
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
  Current Topic Rating: Total Rating: 0 | Join the Forum to Rate this Topic at: www.VNCommodore.com Support Forums  

Haras
P Plater

10 Posts

Male

Posted - 03 Jun 2008 :  12:45:54 PM  Show Profile Send Haras a Private Message

i just bought some 5.25 inch splits for the front doors of my vn.i was just wondering were and how peaple mount there crosover boxs. was thinkin in the door behind the skin but i dont want it to rattle. U guys have any ideas
Report to Moderator

VNSVLE
Forum Moderator

smiley-blunder

1316 Posts

Male

Posted - 03 Jun 2008 :  9:01:30 PM  Show Profile Send VNSVLE a Private Message

I would mount them under the dash myself. Allows for easy access. How are you mounting them to the door?? If not already get yourself some VR-VS door pod. Look good and not hard to install.

What's the difference between understeer and oversteer?
Understeer is when the driver is scared.
Oversteer is when the passenger is scared.
Report to Moderator Go to Top of Page

Haras
P Plater

10 Posts

Male

Posted - 04 Jun 2008 :  07:48:25 AM  Show Profile Send Haras a Private Message

Sounds like a good idea il prob do that. i was thinkin of buying vr door pods but cbf, im just gona cut the door skins.Hopefuly thers enough room for the speaker magnet.

Aelowyn
Starting in the driveway

smiley-blunder

4 Posts

Male

Posted - 12 Jun 2008 :  10:54:48 PM  Show Profile Send Aelowyn a Private Message

If you can: Jump down to JB hifi and grab yourself a set of fibreglass Pro-Pods. They'll either come colourless, or most commonly in some mundane grey colour. Cut some holes into the door trim (and maybe even into the metal of the door so the speakers can fit) and then screw the pods on.

As for mounting the crossovers, don't ever put them in the door. IF they get wet then you can blow your entire system (worst case), or just ruin the cross overs. If they're anything like the JL VR's i just put in my VN, you don't want to have to buy new ones.

As for where I mounted them - in the dash where the 4" speakers come stock. There's plenty of room up there, and it allows you to tweak the crossover settings more easily than if they're mounted in the doors. Running wires from this position is fairly piss as well!

Good luck =)

HOT38R
P Plater

monsters-skull

71 Posts

Male

Posted - 10 Aug 2008 :  11:55:48 AM  Show Profile Send HOT38R a Private Message

The crossover box should be as close to the driver as possible, do not extend the wires, a massive difference in sound quality WILL result.
i have miine screwed to the skin of my door with cover (on the inside) doesnt rattle and mine are 6.5inch drivers.
works a treat.
door pods are crap. custom MDF spacers screwed directly into the skin will give best results. before screwing the spacers on lay some dynamat. crystal clear :D
Aelowyn: the JL VR's are nice! good work, 500 bux down the drain for my eclipse front splits if they get wet, so i made sure my whole door was sealed.

HOT38R

Edited by - HOT38R on 10 Aug 2008 12:00:24 PM
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
www.VNCommodore.com Support Forums © 2005 - 2023 Go To Top Of Page  
This page shown in 0.17 seconds.   Snitz Forums 2000
Do not Click Here

Currently 31 user(s) online

Copyright © 2005 - 2023 by: Greening Computer Services