Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!
www.VNCommodore.com Support Site - Forums Page © 2005 - 2023
    Forums Page 

Main Menu

Start Page  
Forums  
Register  
Recipe Book  
Active Topics  
Active Polls  
Forum Search  
Online Auctions  
Online Classifieds  
FAQ  
Greeting Cards  
Guestbook  
Disclaimer  
Contact Us  
Links  
Username:

Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

www.VNCommodore.com Support Forums
 All Forums
 General Area
 VN Talk
 Ticking
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
  Current Topic Rating: Total Rating: 0 | Join the Forum to Rate this Topic at: www.VNCommodore.com Support Forums  

Macca
Learner

car-weight

8 Posts

Male

Posted - 09 Aug 2009 :  3:40:28 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Macca's MSN Messenger address Send Macca a Private Message

Hey guys im new to the site and would really appreciate some assistance =) , i bought a VN Calais for $300 and i fixed everything it needed for the roadworthy for around $200 its a fair score it has 205,000 on the clock and everything works well . The paint & interior are also in really good condition , however i have recently encountered a problem i was driving home from work the other night when as i got closer to home and turned down my sound system i noticed a ticking coming from the motor its pretty loud & it wasn't there when i went to work .

The strange thing is u can only hear it when i get the car over 2k Revs when on idle if u lift the bonnet there is a slight tick from one of the injectors althou i know this is common in VN's could anyone give me any idea's on what it could be thanx =) ( Lifters Maybe ? )
Report to Moderator

trizo
Forum Moderator

desert-sheriffstar

3091 Posts

Male

Posted - 09 Aug 2009 :  10:18:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit trizo's Homepage  Click to see trizo's MSN Messenger address Send trizo a Private Message

sticky lifters!! welcome to the site m8

3 can keep a secret if 2 are dead
Report to Moderator Go to Top of Page

Macca
Learner

car-weight

8 Posts

Male

Posted - 12 Aug 2009 :  7:21:56 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Macca's MSN Messenger address Send Macca a Private Message

Cheers =) i did some more research and inspecting of my motor and have found there is also some sort of knocking sound internally so im thinking i might just get another motor for it

lovemyvp
P Plater

lovemyvp

40 Posts

Male

Posted - 24 Sep 2009 :  9:37:59 PM  Show Profile Send lovemyvp a Private Message

Your tick could be exhaust gasket of some kind,but your internal knock sounds like excessive freeplay in your bottom end bearings.

nodg
National Driver

1667 Posts

Male

Posted - 26 Sep 2009 :  2:03:02 PM  Show Profile  Click to see nodg's MSN Messenger address Send nodg a Private Message

Depends what sort of tick, if its a strong dull it could be internal friction or something with slack. If its a metallic clicking/rattly its normally the lifters, some engine oil flush, new oil then lifter free tuneup does the trick to sort it out. Could also be an exhaust leak, check the gasket and tension of the bolts of the cat and headers.

Cheers,
Nodg.

lovemyvp
P Plater

lovemyvp

40 Posts

Male

Posted - 27 Sep 2009 :  1:10:49 PM  Show Profile Send lovemyvp a Private Message

I would definately be more worried about trying to diagnose your internal knock before i wasted any money on that motor,is the knock only there first start in the morning,has the knock got any louder since your last post?

nodg
National Driver

1667 Posts

Male

Posted - 30 Sep 2009 :  10:33:12 PM  Show Profile  Click to see nodg's MSN Messenger address Send nodg a Private Message

get it checked by a mechanic that knows what hes listening for, my moneys on that its not as serious as it sounds to you, ive had a vp come in that sounded like it had a terrible knock and everyone thought the motor was stuffed with a crank bearing, turned out to be the power steering pump ! dumb ****s !

Cheers,
Nodg.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
www.VNCommodore.com Support Forums © 2005 - 2023 Go To Top Of Page  
This page shown in 0.19 seconds.   Snitz Forums 2000
Do not Click Here

Currently 28 user(s) online

Copyright © 2005 - 2023 by: Greening Computer Services