Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!
www.VNCommodore.com Support Site - Forums Page © 2005 - 2023
    Forums Page 

Main Menu

Start Page  
Forums  
Register  
Recipe Book  
Active Topics  
Active Polls  
Forum Search  
Online Auctions  
Online Classifieds  
FAQ  
Greeting Cards  
Guestbook  
Disclaimer  
Contact Us  
Links  
Username:

Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

www.VNCommodore.com Support Forums
 All Forums
 General Area
 VN Talk
 VX Dash Cluster
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
  Current Topic Rating: Total Rating: 0 | Join the Forum to Rate this Topic at: www.VNCommodore.com Support Forums  

hsv_babe
Fully Licenced

cart046

269 Posts

Female

Posted - 06 Jan 2010 :  5:59:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit hsv_babe's Homepage  Click to see hsv_babe's MSN Messenger address Send hsv_babe a Private Message

Hey guys just wondering if any of you knew weather or not this was completely true or not. We want to sell our VX S Pack but its done a **** load of km's (over 220,000) and someone told me that if i put a different dash cluster in with lower km's it will stay that way. What im wondering is if i do put a different cluster in will it tell the actual km's on the car or will it still say that km's off the car it came out of?

I'd gladly push my holden than drive a bloody ford!
Report to Moderator

VNSVLE
Forum Moderator

smiley-blunder

1316 Posts

Male

Posted - 07 Jan 2010 :  5:52:54 PM  Show Profile Send VNSVLE a Private Message

the memory is in the cluster itself so change cluster change kilometers although i do not condone this practice.

What's the difference between understeer and oversteer?
Understeer is when the driver is scared.
Oversteer is when the passenger is scared.

Edited by - VNSVLE on 07 Jan 2010 8:31:44 PM
Report to Moderator Go to Top of Page

lemusa
Fully Licenced

lemusa

193 Posts

Male

Posted - 13 Jan 2010 :  3:20:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit lemusa's Homepage Send lemusa a Private Message

It is people like you that make buying cars privately a risk. How would you like it if someone did that to you?

Just be thankful you got two legs to stand on and hands to grab sh*t with!

Mechknight73
National Driver

robot-robot14

1001 Posts

Male

Posted - 13 Jan 2010 :  4:38:06 PM  Show Profile Send Mechknight73 a Private Message

A white lie of 20,000 is ok, but so long as she's selling it in a mechanical condition that suggests its mileage, I see no problem with it. After all, it's a selling point to the new owner as well.

I have seen cars restored to what some people disparagingly call "old fart special" standard, and nobody bats an eyelid when they see how well it was cared for. Personally, I don't care how many miles it has on its clock, so long as it's in really good nick. Have seen something like an original HQ Kingswood sedan, with 90,000km on its clock (they only had 5-digit odometers) yet it still sold for $5000

hsv_babe
Fully Licenced

cart046

269 Posts

Female

Posted - 14 Jan 2010 :  10:28:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit hsv_babe's Homepage  Click to see hsv_babe's MSN Messenger address Send hsv_babe a Private Message

this car is in a one order, its been looked after better then i look after myself lol, as as stated my partner wasnt planing on dropping the km's by an extreme amount.

I'd gladly push my holden than drive a bloody ford!

VN91SX
Fully Licenced

simp098

344 Posts

Male

Posted - 14 Jan 2010 :  12:17:21 PM  Show Profile Send VN91SX a Private Message

This is a joke and i agree with lemusa.

M3ZZA
P Plater

car-jumping

77 Posts

Male

Posted - 22 Jan 2011 :  6:07:31 PM  Show Profile Send M3ZZA a Private Message

Imfao this post is old but doing this is just plain tight. But you see this happen alot which is a shame because you pay the money for a low kay car not knowing the truth behind it.

I i bought a car with over 300.000kms thinking it had 230.000 kays i would be pissed.

Modifying a car is like a drug once you start you cannot stop.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
www.VNCommodore.com Support Forums © 2005 - 2023 Go To Top Of Page  
This page shown in 0.2 seconds.   Snitz Forums 2000
Do not Click Here

Currently 26 user(s) online

Copyright © 2005 - 2023 by: Greening Computer Services