Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!
www.VNCommodore.com Support Site - Forums Page © 2005 - 2023
    Forums Page 

Main Menu

Start Page  
Forums  
Register  
Recipe Book  
Active Topics  
Active Polls  
Forum Search  
Online Auctions  
Online Classifieds  
FAQ  
Greeting Cards  
Guestbook  
Disclaimer  
Contact Us  
Links  
Username:

Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

www.VNCommodore.com Support Forums
 All Forums
 General Area
 Technical Modifications
 VN to VR Front end conversion
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
  Current Topic Rating: Total Rating: 0 | Join the Forum to Rate this Topic at: www.VNCommodore.com Support Forums  

holdenracing
Starting in the driveway

1 Posts

Male

Posted - 17 Jul 2010 :  8:03:06 PM  Show Profile Send holdenracing a Private Message

has any one attempted changing there VN front to a vs front if so can you please give some advise on how the headlights fit do i have to cut the metal where the screws go into near the air-con radiator
Report to Moderator

Mechknight73
National Driver

robot-robot14

1001 Posts

Male

Posted - 18 Jul 2010 :  12:33:06 AM  Show Profile Send Mechknight73 a Private Message

Having worked in a Holden dealer when the VS was new, and owning an S1 VN now, it seems that the headlights pretty much bolt in the same way as they do on the VNs. Undo all the panels, line up the headlights with the bolt holes, and they should need little, if any mods to make them fit. The one thing you should be aware of, is that you might need to adjust the headlights, once bolted to the body, so they are aimed correctly. I can remember when I was fitting headlight protectors that you're only meant to undo one bolt at a time, as these bolts are part of the headlight aiming adjustment.
Report to Moderator Go to Top of Page

nedwob1
P Plater

14 Posts

Male

Posted - 24 Oct 2010 :  01:21:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit nedwob1's Homepage  Click to see nedwob1's MSN Messenger address Send nedwob1 a Private Message

it will fit on as vn to vs are similar parts,
but you will need to make up a ptch loom for the headlights to work properly and bent the bottom bracket back to allow the headlights to fit right,
the inner guard brackets have to be removed and the vr vs ones fitted.they bolt in beside the cai box and the battery.
i have full vs caprice front on my vn now.

1st wag to stay in primer the longest
Report to Moderator Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
www.VNCommodore.com Support Forums © 2005 - 2023 Go To Top Of Page  
This page shown in 0.17 seconds.   Snitz Forums 2000
Do not Click Here

Currently 14 user(s) online

Copyright © 2005 - 2023 by: Greening Computer Services