Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!
www.VNCommodore.com Support Site - Forums Page © 2005 - 2023
    Forums Page 

Main Menu

Start Page  
Forums  
Register  
Recipe Book  
Active Topics  
Active Polls  
Forum Search  
Online Auctions  
Online Classifieds  
FAQ  
Greeting Cards  
Guestbook  
Disclaimer  
Contact Us  
Links  
Username:

Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

www.VNCommodore.com Support Forums
 All Forums
 General Area
 VNCommodore.com Polls
 The new VE commodore
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
  Current Topic Rating: Total Rating: 0 | Join the Forum to Rate this Topic at: www.VNCommodore.com Support Forums  

Palmz17
P Plater

alien-skull

77 Posts

Male

Posted - 25 Jul 2006 :  9:32:41 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Palmz17's MSN Messenger address Send Palmz17 a Private Message

Poll Question:
who dislikes the look of the new commodore? it looks like a freakin mazda

Results:
for   [53%] 30 votes
against   [47%] 27 votes

Poll Status: Locked  »»   Total Votes: 57 counted  »»   Last Vote: 25 Jun 2008 3:55:07 PM 
Report to Moderator

GammaGrL
Starting in the driveway

symbols-heart

4 Posts

Female

Posted - 25 Jul 2006 :  10:52:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit GammaGrL's Homepage Send GammaGrL a Private Message

I think its ugly & like personally i dont think there is a whole lot of diference betwen the two

www.bOOSTClub.com.au
Report to Moderator Go to Top of Page

mouce
National Driver

smiley-evil

1525 Posts

Male

Posted - 26 Jul 2006 :  07:46:15 AM  Show Profile Send mouce a Private Message

I was actually thinking that it looks like the bastard child of a BMW and an Audi...but I can see where you get Mazda from. I'm not a huge fan of it...

And as mentioned in a previous post, from 0-100kph, the VN is quicker, at least...that's what I found.

Bite off more than you can chew, and chew like hell - Peter Brock (1945-2006)

trizo
Forum Moderator

desert-sheriffstar

3091 Posts

Male

Posted - 06 Aug 2006 :  01:30:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit trizo's Homepage  Click to see trizo's MSN Messenger address Send trizo a Private Message

its a nasty peice of work i dont know how they came up with this crappy looking thing!!!!outlaw them its givin holden a bad name>.

3 can keep a secret if 2 are dead

vn_maniac_16
Fully Licenced

music-metalhead

139 Posts

Male

Posted - 06 Aug 2006 :  1:00:37 PM  Show Profile Send vn_maniac_16 a Private Message

if i was gonna buy 1 i would only go the SS, its the only decent looking one from the new series.
Yet the f***n thing looks like a vectra from the front. A vectras a chicks car, c'mon. Who wants to drive around in a mean looking vectra?

trizo
Forum Moderator

desert-sheriffstar

3091 Posts

Male

Posted - 06 Aug 2006 :  3:30:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit trizo's Homepage  Click to see trizo's MSN Messenger address Send trizo a Private Message

hehehehehehe right on myman

Joogie
Fully Licenced

simp006

291 Posts

Male

Posted - 02 Sep 2006 :  12:09:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Joogie's Homepage Send Joogie a Private Message

I saw one of the new VE's the other day and it was not until i saw "the all new VE commodore" written on it did i know what the hell it was.First thought was it was an astra or something. Looks like holden have lost touch...not my kind of car, but hey if they spent so much developing it someone must like it. Im not one of them haha

Boost me, and double clutch me so i can get my. Loss of Traction!

Palmz17
P Plater

alien-skull

77 Posts

Male

Posted - 04 Sep 2006 :  8:28:57 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Palmz17's MSN Messenger address Send Palmz17 a Private Message

does anyone know what the ve commodore does 0-100?

mouce
National Driver

smiley-evil

1525 Posts

Male

Posted - 05 Sep 2006 :  5:18:32 PM  Show Profile Send mouce a Private Message

Dunno, but getting onto the Eastern FWY the other day, I hit the freeway first from the lights :)

Heard that the base spec Omega does a 15.7 quarter mile. OFFICIALLY this is what the stock VN V6 does.

possumvp
P Plater

14 Posts

Male

Posted - 28 Oct 2006 :  8:09:07 PM  Show Profile Send possumvp a Private Message

ive seen four in the panel shop inthe last month and as far as safty goes there a peace a crap,tinny and look like a mazda good luck to whom buys one

driveacarsideways
Fully Licenced

robot-pirate

105 Posts

Male

Posted - 03 Jan 2007 :  8:46:51 PM  Show Profile  Click to see driveacarsideways's MSN Messenger address Send driveacarsideways a Private Message

i didn't think they were that bad, it is a decent change from the VY. But as usual the SS version kicks ass over the standard.

don't rush me, I get paid by the hour

mouce
National Driver

smiley-evil

1525 Posts

Male

Posted - 03 Jan 2007 :  9:30:08 PM  Show Profile Send mouce a Private Message

I will say this, I do like the new GTS. That's one tough looking car. The standard range doesn't thrill me, but the HSV guys have done a kick-arse job on it.

GrnMchne
P Plater

monsters-rainydino

29 Posts

Female

Posted - 12 Mar 2007 :  12:30:18 PM  Show Profile  Click to see GrnMchne's MSN Messenger address Send GrnMchne a Private Message

Personally it is the only car other than a VN that i would ever own. Its friggen hot.

Sig Coming Soon

vn_turbo
P Plater

smiley-punched

33 Posts

Male

Posted - 10 Jun 2007 :  5:25:36 PM  Show Profile Send vn_turbo a Private Message

personally i like the new ve aside from one thing its looks anrexic from the ass end with the rear guards being so flared with stock rims it doesnt cut it in my book but with a decent set of fat rims on the ass end it would like a different car n maybe get respected a bit more for what it is

if it aint sideways ya aint driving it...

elvisd77
P Plater

monsters-dragon_01

21 Posts

Male

Posted - 10 Jun 2007 :  10:46:44 PM  Show Profile Send elvisd77 a Private Message

that thing about the VN outrunning the VE i would say isnt accurate, i think you read that on Wikipedia, wouldnt always trust what you read there mate.
I love vns too, but they'll get smoked by VE lol
I think they look good too, though when they first came out i thought it looked more like a ford?? any1 else lol

Where theres vn..theres burn outs

trizo
Forum Moderator

desert-sheriffstar

3091 Posts

Male

Posted - 14 Jun 2007 :  11:12:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit trizo's Homepage  Click to see trizo's MSN Messenger address Send trizo a Private Message

m8 I can tell ya right now its 100% correct! wiki is crap!
the vn s1 v6 has the same 0-100kph times as the new ve v6!!!!! And it has more torque!!!

nodg
National Driver

1667 Posts

Male

Posted - 24 Jun 2007 :  02:50:28 AM  Show Profile  Click to see nodg's MSN Messenger address Send nodg a Private Message

ive only done bolt ons to my car and i can beat a ba xr6 na,vy s2 v6,5 litre v8's off the mark to 100, the new 4 litre hilux tray back (bloody quick car), r33 single turbo's, actually i had a run at a brand spankin new skyline today, dont know what series he had but i got him in first and half through second then you heard the turbo(s) kick in and he flew past me lol. drive my mums vy v6 and 5 litre and besides the wheelspin of the v8, my vp would kick them in the pants(vy is stock and 5 litre has catback exhaust)

Cheers,
Nodg.

Edited by - nodg on 24 Jun 2007 02:51:27 AM

MILD50
Fully Licenced

armedforces-tankdriver

850 Posts

Male

Posted - 24 Jun 2007 :  11:11:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit MILD50's Homepage Send MILD50 a Private Message

Comparing a stock car to one with even minor mods is a ****.

svaganet
P Plater

16 Posts

Male

Posted - 24 Jun 2007 :  2:58:54 PM  Show Profile Send svaganet a Private Message

The VN versus VE acceleration figures are'nt from Wiki at all but from Wheels magazine. A 1989 VN V6 auto ran 7.8 seconds 0 - 100 according to the Wheels archives. A 180kw omega ran 8.6 seconds in one test and 9.1 seconds (berlina) in another. A 195kw SV6 auto ran 8.1 seconds. Granted after 18 years a stock VN would have lost alot of it's original bang, so now would be neck and neck at best. Not good for a brand new car to be slower or only marginally quicker (according to Wheels which we all know loves holden) than a 18 year old one. Wiki is crap and so is wheels, but that is the figures they have!
PS My cousin just bought a black SSV with the 20in wheels option. Looks bloody hot. Mind you the other day we got our butts kicked by a mean red camaro down at Croydon (SA). I said to my cousin not to bother as this camaro at idle was making our car shake as well as his. Must have had some mean big block under the hood, because these new SSV's are damn quick, but we were hosed. Still prefer the cousin's car though, because for pose value you do get alot of looks from other people. Not sure about blowing $60k+ on the road though, because in 3 years time it will be worth only $30k or so anyway!

trizo
Forum Moderator

desert-sheriffstar

3091 Posts

Male

Posted - 24 Jun 2007 :  5:17:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit trizo's Homepage  Click to see trizo's MSN Messenger address Send trizo a Private Message

good 1 m8, thanx 4 clearing that up,,

nodg
National Driver

1667 Posts

Male

Posted - 24 Jun 2007 :  5:30:10 PM  Show Profile  Click to see nodg's MSN Messenger address Send nodg a Private Message

id like to see a bog standard v6 do 7.8 0-100 in this day in age especially with the kilometres you see on some, ive seen a ex vn taxi a few years ago with 900thou on the clock and it still went 'ok'.
as for the newer model 6's that are out today, they are so heavy with there electrical cr*p and soforth, a vn in good condition with a exhaust and pod will do figure 8's around a vy-vz, but the new top range 3.6's do get up and boogie.

Cheers,
Nodg.

David
The Guru

simp053

334 Posts

Male

Posted - 08 Sep 2007 :  4:33:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit David's Homepage Send David a Private Message

Well the bad news is that I went out and brought a new VE Commodore today (subject to the finance). It feels good and I am still keeping the VP on hand...

Cheers,

David

Kempy
P Plater

smiley-punched

55 Posts

Male

Posted - 08 Sep 2007 :  9:24:18 PM  Show Profile Send Kempy a Private Message

awesome , post some pics

"my vn does beat most fords"

TassieCommodore
P Plater

misc-smileyred

49 Posts

Female

Posted - 08 Sep 2007 :  10:03:09 PM  Show Profile  Click to see TassieCommodore's MSN Messenger address Send TassieCommodore a Private Message

if have to say they look too much like a ford in the front end and i dont really like the flared gaurds on late model cars, i just googled to get a pic cos i wouldnt have picked it if i seen it on the street lol im liking the burnt orangey colour tho

I Wanna PIMP MY RIDE!!

MUNTED
P Plater

sports-eightball

30 Posts

Male

Posted - 08 Sep 2007 :  10:10:55 PM  Show Profile  Click to see MUNTED's MSN Messenger address Send MUNTED a Private Message

in my area
(sunshine) theres this nice looking chick driving around in a purple VE i think it matches her. she just brought the car reason y i know is because last week it was just in the footscray holden dealership n now its not in the show room no more n now nearly everyday i c this P plater chick driving it. Today in the arvo i saw her again and we were both at the lights. I had a little talk with her and she said she brought it pretty cheap didnt tell me how mch but it was cheap.Anyways i asked her if she wanted to have a run. I can tell you this , VN's are faster then the VE'S on first gear. But once you hit 2nd the VE crunches ya

David
The Guru

simp053

334 Posts

Male

Posted - 13 Sep 2007 :  9:38:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit David's Homepage Send David a Private Message

This is what my VE is going to look like:

I should be picking it up this week-end...

Cheers,

David

jas89
Forum Moderator

car-wormseye

779 Posts

Male

Posted - 13 Sep 2007 :  10:11:15 PM  Show Profile  Click to see jas89's MSN Messenger address Send jas89 a Private Message

looks sweet keep us posted on how she goes

David
The Guru

simp053

334 Posts

Male

Posted - 14 Sep 2007 :  6:37:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit David's Homepage Send David a Private Message

Damn dealer.. Could not get my window tint done until Monday, so I can not take the car until Monday night, Tuesday morning....

Cheers,

David

trizo
Forum Moderator

desert-sheriffstar

3091 Posts

Male

Posted - 15 Sep 2007 :  11:06:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit trizo's Homepage  Click to see trizo's MSN Messenger address Send trizo a Private Message

the v6 dave?

David
The Guru

simp053

334 Posts

Male

Posted - 18 Sep 2007 :  5:02:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit David's Homepage Send David a Private Message

Got the VE today and even with the ESP on, it has a bit more grunt than the VP... Nice ride at even a standard car.. Will post some pics over the week-end and let you know how it goes for the first few days.. (mmmmm, new car smell)........

Cheers,

David

trizo
Forum Moderator

desert-sheriffstar

3091 Posts

Male

Posted - 21 Sep 2007 :  5:55:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit trizo's Homepage  Click to see trizo's MSN Messenger address Send trizo a Private Message

lmao I love that new smell ,, has any 1 noticed if you dont get in ya car for a couple of days it seems the vn gets that new smell bak !! ( well sorta) lol dave would love to c the car pics m8!

Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
www.VNCommodore.com Support Forums © 2005 - 2023 Go To Top Of Page  
This page shown in 0.4 seconds.   Snitz Forums 2000
Do not Click Here

Currently 35 user(s) online