Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!
www.VNCommodore.com Support Site - Forums Page © 2005 - 2023
    Forums Page 

Main Menu

Start Page  
Forums  
Register  
Recipe Book  
Active Topics  
Active Polls  
Forum Search  
Online Auctions  
Online Classifieds  
FAQ  
Greeting Cards  
Guestbook  
Disclaimer  
Contact Us  
Links  
Username:

Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

www.VNCommodore.com Support Forums
 All Forums
 General Area
 Car Audio
 what does everyone think of pioneer?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
  Current Topic Rating: Total Rating: 0 | Join the Forum to Rate this Topic at: www.VNCommodore.com Support Forums  

nodg
National Driver

1667 Posts

Male

Posted - 30 Mar 2008 :  01:57:56 AM  Show Profile  Click to see nodg's MSN Messenger address Send nodg a Private Message

who has experience with pioneer? ive always bought alpine, and loved it. but today i bought some 2007 model audio equipment for the calais- DEH-P7950 cd tuner, http://www.pioneer.com.au/products/car_entertainment/CD_Tuners/DEHP7950UB/index.html, and 6 inch high output speakers, http://www.pioneer.com.au/products/car_entertainment/Speakers/TS_E_Speaker_Range/TSE1695/index.html . what does everyone think? quality wise as wel as performance? i got the head deck for 388 reduced from 699 and speakers for 155 reduced from 190! good deal or take them back for some more alpine?

Cheers,
Nodg.
Report to Moderator

2DIE
P Plater

spidey

58 Posts

Male

Posted - 31 Mar 2008 :  12:30:43 PM  Show Profile  Click to see 2DIE's MSN Messenger address Send 2DIE a Private Message

ive only had second hand pioneer speakers and a head unit in the past, the speakers were pretty crap back then when when they were paper cones and small magnets but these days they have so many competitors making cheap and average quality equipment they have been forced to make better products. the specs of that head unit and speakers look pretty nice.

ive always gone for kenwood head units and kenwood 6x9s or 7x10s but this time ive got a new kenwood head unit and going for 6 1/2s all round with a sub and amp for the bass.

when it comes down to it i think its personal preference when it comes to car audio, there will always be someone saying alpine is the best, or pioneer is the best or kenwood is the best ect, same as there will be people saying holden or ford is the best, its just what your happy with that counts.

im sure they both have good quality and performance and they better have at that price too, i would say if your happy with them then keep them and let us know after they are installed how happy you are with them compaired to your old set up
Report to Moderator Go to Top of Page

trizo
Forum Moderator

desert-sheriffstar

3091 Posts

Male

Posted - 31 Mar 2008 :  1:57:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit trizo's Homepage  Click to see trizo's MSN Messenger address Send trizo a Private Message

geeze I thought the pioneers and alpine went out of fashion 20yrs ago lol,

3 can keep a secret if 2 are dead

MILD50
Fully Licenced

armedforces-tankdriver

850 Posts

Male

Posted - 31 Mar 2008 :  2:15:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit MILD50's Homepage Send MILD50 a Private Message

I'm running Pioneer speakers with a Kenwood head unit and honestly I couldn't recommend the Kenwood deck. The sound is OK and it's easy enough to work around the menus but it's got a few technical quirks and sometimes the screen won't light up so I'll be going elsewhere next- most likely Alpine.

In the dealings I have had with Alpine- both in mates cars and also in my Magna- I couldn't fault them and the signal quality seems superior to similar head units available at Autobarn and the like (Kenwood, Pioneer, Sony etc).

The speakers are ok for what they are but in the scheme of things there is better units out there but they will be harder to get a hold of and cost bigger $$$ when you do.

Edited by - MILD50 on 31 Mar 2008 2:20:11 PM

trizo
Forum Moderator

desert-sheriffstar

3091 Posts

Male

Posted - 31 Mar 2008 :  6:07:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit trizo's Homepage  Click to see trizo's MSN Messenger address Send trizo a Private Message

I,v always liked the clarions and the denon speaker set ups! but you need some big bucks there!

3 can keep a secret if 2 are dead

MILD50
Fully Licenced

armedforces-tankdriver

850 Posts

Male

Posted - 01 Apr 2008 :  3:06:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit MILD50's Homepage Send MILD50 a Private Message

I think Audiobarn or JL audio will be my next subs... the Audiobarn ones look sexy.

nodg
National Driver

1667 Posts

Male

Posted - 01 Apr 2008 :  6:07:13 PM  Show Profile  Click to see nodg's MSN Messenger address Send nodg a Private Message

alpine subs are the go, get the v12 and youll be satisfied

Cheers,
Nodg.

hsv_babe
Fully Licenced

cart046

269 Posts

Female

Posted - 10 Apr 2008 :  9:10:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit hsv_babe's Homepage  Click to see hsv_babe's MSN Messenger address Send hsv_babe a Private Message

i have pioneer speakers and a head unit and they are quite good. got a clarion sub but when its all put together it goes pretty bloody good!!! managed to rattle my back strip out my boot with it all!! i've had quite a few different types of head units i've had sansui, sound 4 and pioneer and the pioneer is by far the best one! but as 2DIE said it all comes down to personal preference!

I'd gladly push my holden than drive a bloody ford!

MILD50
Fully Licenced

armedforces-tankdriver

850 Posts

Male

Posted - 11 Apr 2008 :  3:27:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit MILD50's Homepage Send MILD50 a Private Message

Compared to Sansui and Sound4 Pioneer is like a gift from the Gods.

nodg
National Driver

1667 Posts

Male

Posted - 11 Apr 2008 :  7:11:52 PM  Show Profile  Click to see nodg's MSN Messenger address Send nodg a Private Message

sansui is actually a brand that should be trusted, might not be top end gear but it doesnt break.

Cheers,
Nodg.

VNSVLE
Forum Moderator

smiley-blunder

1316 Posts

Male

Posted - 11 Apr 2008 :  7:42:09 PM  Show Profile Send VNSVLE a Private Message

Here is a bit of useless info for you all Sansui was what hsv actually used in the vn range

What's the difference between understeer and oversteer?
Understeer is when the driver is scared.
Oversteer is when the passenger is scared.

MILD50
Fully Licenced

armedforces-tankdriver

850 Posts

Male

Posted - 12 Apr 2008 :  3:01:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit MILD50's Homepage Send MILD50 a Private Message

Sansui provides a lot of OEM equipment... or atleast used to.

I'm not actually sure if they are an independant company or come under the ownership of one of the more well regarded players.

hsv_babe
Fully Licenced

cart046

269 Posts

Female

Posted - 24 Apr 2008 :  12:59:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit hsv_babe's Homepage  Click to see hsv_babe's MSN Messenger address Send hsv_babe a Private Message

sansui are pretty much indestructible! mine wasnt an mp3 player but mine would still play them (not to its liking) it started to play up and i used to belt the **** out of it, it even had smoke come out of it at one stage, but now it's been put into another car and works as if nothing had ever happened to it!

I'd gladly push my holden than drive a bloody ford!

Dano84
P Plater

car-burningrubber

77 Posts

Male

Posted - 25 Apr 2008 :  09:11:42 AM  Show Profile Send Dano84 a Private Message

subs.... definatley clarion... ive had alpine zl1000w 12" and sony explode 1000w 12" sub that wenrt as good as my clarion proaudio 600w 12".

but if you fot the bigbucks soundstream, and if your really into sound JLaudio, they have some killa equip. blow the windows outta ya car

My V6 will beat your V8
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
www.VNCommodore.com Support Forums © 2005 - 2023 Go To Top Of Page  
This page shown in 0.44 seconds.   Snitz Forums 2000
Do not Click Here

Currently 222 user(s) online

Copyright © 2005 - 2023 by: Greening Computer Services