Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!
www.VNCommodore.com Support Site - Forums Page © 2005 - 2024
    Forums Page 

Main Menu

Start Page  
Forums  
Register  
Recipe Book  
Active Topics  
Active Polls  
Forum Search  
Online Auctions  
Online Classifieds  
FAQ  
Greeting Cards  
Guestbook  
Disclaimer  
Contact Us  
Links  
Username:

Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Area
 VNCommodore.com Polls
 Body kits
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  
  Current Topic Rating: Total Rating: 0 | Join the Forum to Rate this Topic at: www.VNCommodore.com Support Forums  

Removed as requested
Removed as requested

0 Posts

Posted - 09 Jun 2008 :  6:58:05 PM  Show Profile Send Removed as requested a Private Message

Poll Question:
Do you like body kits on cars?

I like full body kits I think they really finish a car off.
My ex totally disagrees, he loves his VN just as it is.

Just curious to see what others think..

Results:
Full body kit.   [62%] 36 votes
No body kits.   [22%] 13 votes
Bits and pieces of kits.   [16%] 9 votes

Poll Status: Locked  »»   Total Votes: 58 counted  »»   Last Vote: 21 Aug 2011 5:47:40 PM 
Report to Moderator

trizo
Forum Moderator

desert-sheriffstar

3091 Posts

Male

Posted - 09 Jun 2008 :  7:49:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit trizo's Homepage  Click to see trizo's MSN Messenger address Send trizo a Private Message

I like the look of the full kits, but in saying that I have seen some nasty lookin vn's with kits not properly fitted, also there are plenty of hot vn's-vp's with out kits that look hot, so I guess its a matter of preferance!
Welcome to the site also!

3 can keep a secret if 2 are dead
Report to Moderator Go to Top of Page

MILD50
Fully Licenced

armedforces-tankdriver

850 Posts

Male

Posted - 10 Jun 2008 :  11:57:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit MILD50's Homepage Send MILD50 a Private Message

I think it depends on the car and the kit.

In my opinion the Aero kit is the best kit available for the VN / VP. I think if you are fitting a kit you should fit the whole thing including the spoiler. But, sometimes you can use little bits and pieces to dress it up a little- Calais international bobtails, VP Calais spats etc.

knightrook
P Plater

medieval-dark-knight

67 Posts

Male

Posted - 11 Jun 2008 :  6:27:12 PM  Show Profile Send knightrook a Private Message

i think the VN stock body looks pretty good, except for the front end... its way too narrow i reckon! saying that i think it can look dodgy with bits and pieces of kits on a car. so it all depends on the car and part if youre gonna mix and match...

Theres a fine line between not knowing and not caring... i like to think i walk that line everyday of my life

Grandtheftholden
P Plater

symbols-anarchy

46 Posts

Male

Posted - 17 Jun 2008 :  8:50:33 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Grandtheftholden's MSN Messenger address Send Grandtheftholden a Private Message

I honestly believe that it depends on the car and kit... VN's can look super with kits... VY Clubby kits look great in the right colour... but in general i think that if enough time is spent making sure a VN is straight and clean and has some pretty paint... it looks tops anyways...

Others here have to agree with that right??

YA MUMS YA DAD

MILD50
Fully Licenced

armedforces-tankdriver

850 Posts

Male

Posted - 17 Jun 2008 :  9:09:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit MILD50's Homepage Send MILD50 a Private Message

I don't rate later model kits on VNs but have seen some nice ones.

Clean, unmolested lines are always very, very nice.

Dano84
P Plater

car-burningrubber

77 Posts

Male

Posted - 18 Jun 2008 :  8:21:12 PM  Show Profile Send Dano84 a Private Message

all i can say..... dont get a sv5000 kit if you want the lowered look, my car has hard and low suspension with a SV5000 body kit, the front looks good, but the rear bumper is higher than a standard VN, but i love the 2 piece side skirts

My V6 will beat your V8

MILD50
Fully Licenced

armedforces-tankdriver

850 Posts

Male

Posted - 19 Jun 2008 :  08:31:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit MILD50's Homepage Send MILD50 a Private Message

Yup- it's got a much sharper up angle on the rear bar. Still a tough looking kit though.

Joogie
Fully Licenced

simp006

291 Posts

Male

Posted - 19 Jun 2008 :  8:35:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit Joogie's Homepage Send Joogie a Private Message

im in the middle of choosing a full new kit now. Had a vs clubby kit but that was destroyed in my accident, i cant afford the group A :( so im thinking of a VY Clubsport kit, with modded front to make headlights look better and no wing (iv always hated mine!) I no later model kits are a bit yeah u no... but for my price range i think the VY kit looks pretty mint and with a few personal touches should come out nicely. Theres a few more nice ones out there, such as the spoiler factory vs race kit or the VX/VZ clubby kits from over east.

Iv always liked cars with body kits myself, i believe anyone can do wat they want with a car. Hey factory stock cars can look mint, but if you wanna dress one up wat simpler way than a body kit and some mags. Improve your sex life instantly haha kidding

Boost me, and double clutch me so i can get my. Loss of Traction!

Grandtheftholden
P Plater

symbols-anarchy

46 Posts

Male

Posted - 20 Jun 2008 :  11:26:53 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Grandtheftholden's MSN Messenger address Send Grandtheftholden a Private Message

SV500 kits are great... i think... but i know what you mean about the higher back end! Joogie... have you thought maybe a VS SS kit? I saw a VN the other day with the simple skirts all round and just the tiniest little wing on the corner of the boot lid... it looked pretty good... but then i have always like that little wingy thing!

And MILD50.. i never really was a fan of late model kits on VN's until i saw one with the VY clubby kit in a nice egg yolk yellow... it looked madface... but then i dunno... personal choice and opinion... and isn't that what makes this a GREAT little site!?!

YA MUMS YA DAD

MILD50
Fully Licenced

armedforces-tankdriver

850 Posts

Male

Posted - 20 Jun 2008 :  7:49:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit MILD50's Homepage Send MILD50 a Private Message

Yup - absolutely! It'd be bloody boring if we all drove the same cars!

I know of one VN with a VS front end, VZ guard flutes, VY Clubby kit and it should have a custom fibreglass bonnet soon. Not a lot of VN left and it looks a lot better than most of the VN with ill fitting later model body kits.

Joogie
Fully Licenced

simp006

291 Posts

Male

Posted - 21 Jun 2008 :  7:23:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit Joogie's Homepage Send Joogie a Private Message

iv searched thru every kit i can find. and not one has really caught my attention beside the vy-vz clubby kit. Iv seen some hot vn's with custom kits, but i cant afford 10,000 for a kit haha

@mild that vn sounds nice.got pics?

Boost me, and double clutch me so i can get my. Loss of Traction!

jas89
Forum Moderator

car-wormseye

779 Posts

Male

Posted - 04 Oct 2008 :  12:18:43 AM  Show Profile  Click to see jas89's MSN Messenger address Send jas89 a Private Message

it depends sharoo....there are only some that catch my eye and others that i think.....wtf were they thinking...it also depends on colour of car and condition.

nodg
National Driver

1667 Posts

Male

Posted - 16 Nov 2008 :  01:50:49 AM  Show Profile  Click to see nodg's MSN Messenger address Send nodg a Private Message

yeah its ok on a vn that looks alright hey jas :) ive seen so many shockers that have bodykits and sports exhausts that are worth more than the car itself lol!

Cheers,
Nodg.

SPAZ
Starting in the driveway

simp053

2 Posts

Male

Posted - 25 Jan 2009 :  5:57:09 PM  Show Profile Send SPAZ a Private Message

I reckon that with commodores, its best to keep it clean. Like I reckon, other than the stock bodykit on a VN, the VP senator kit is mint.

Like this one

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/attachments/parts-sale/7120d1129015909-hsv-vp-senator-sale-car-30_09_2005-009.jpg

lovevncomms
Fully Licenced

loon012

125 Posts

Male

Posted - 10 Jun 2009 :  11:15:36 PM  Show Profile  Click to see lovevncomms's MSN Messenger address Send lovevncomms a Private Message

i dont mind the gts body kits but dont think much of the aeros from ssv

bigjohn256
P Plater

simp049

19 Posts

Male

Posted - 12 Sep 2009 :  3:04:08 PM  Show Profile  Click to see bigjohn256's MSN Messenger address Send bigjohn256 a Private Message

really depends on what your in to, my vn has the group a kit and it looks alright but has to suit really :)

F.O.R.D, Ford Owners Return In Datsun. . . . couldnt be more right

jeffro8
Learner

jeffro8

9 Posts

Male

Posted - 30 Sep 2009 :  3:39:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit jeffro8's Homepage  Click to see jeffro8's MSN Messenger address Send jeffro8 a Private Message

Keep her standard if it looks good!

ONLY MILK & JUICE COME IN 2 LITRES

nodg
National Driver

1667 Posts

Male

Posted - 04 Oct 2009 :  03:05:57 AM  Show Profile  Click to see nodg's MSN Messenger address Send nodg a Private Message

i recon the ss bob tail spoiler, letter box grille, sv5000 bars and hsv style skirts looks sick as on a vn-p! but has to be at least lowered to fe2 spec and have a set of mags

Cheers,
Nodg.

Mechknight73
National Driver

robot-robot14

1001 Posts

Male

Posted - 12 Nov 2009 :  12:03:26 AM  Show Profile Send Mechknight73 a Private Message

So long as it's done right, and you're not trying to do something idiotic with fibreglass, they can look good.

spac89
P Plater

smurf03

47 Posts

Female

Posted - 29 Mar 2011 :  9:23:50 PM  Show Profile Send spac89 a Private Message

I love body kits gives the car a beast look heheh
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked