Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!
www.VNCommodore.com Support Site - Forums Page © 2005 - 2023
    Forums Page 

Main Menu

Start Page  
Forums  
Register  
Recipe Book  
Active Topics  
Active Polls  
Forum Search  
Online Auctions  
Online Classifieds  
FAQ  
Greeting Cards  
Guestbook  
Disclaimer  
Contact Us  
Links  
Username:

Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

www.VNCommodore.com Support Forums
 All Forums
 General Area
 VNCommodore.com Polls
 Transmission
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
  Current Topic Rating: Total Rating: 0 | Join the Forum to Rate this Topic at: www.VNCommodore.com Support Forums  

furion
P Plater

animal-scorpion

12 Posts

Male

Posted - 12 Aug 2008 :  1:00:11 PM  Show Profile  Click to see furion's MSN Messenger address Send furion a Private Message

Poll Question:
How good do you treat your transmission ?

Results:
Thrash   [31%] 11 votes
Hard   [26%] 9 votes
Love   [43%] 15 votes

Poll Status: Locked  »»   Total Votes: 35 counted  »»   Last Vote: 13 Oct 2010 10:08:11 PM 

Zippo
Report to Moderator

MILD50
Fully Licenced

armedforces-tankdriver

850 Posts

Male

Posted - 12 Aug 2008 :  1:09:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit MILD50's Homepage Send MILD50 a Private Message

I said love- I never manually shift and always check the fluid level etc.

Auto by the way.
Report to Moderator Go to Top of Page

shadowsofdusk
P Plater

bem

56 Posts

Male

Posted - 12 Aug 2008 :  2:30:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit shadowsofdusk's Homepage Send shadowsofdusk a Private Message

yeah - same here

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did. In his sleep. Not screaming, like the passengers in his car"

trizo
Forum Moderator

desert-sheriffstar

3091 Posts

Male

Posted - 12 Aug 2008 :  4:48:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit trizo's Homepage  Click to see trizo's MSN Messenger address Send trizo a Private Message

Im not gonna vote on this as I think its a bit of a donkey question , you treat your car like sh1t it should be taken of you , you give your car some respect and it will look after you, so frankly I can c this goin no were... Id be surprised to c who on here will admit to thrashing there car! (different if you are driving a dragger or some sort of racer)

3 can keep a secret if 2 are dead

MILD50
Fully Licenced

armedforces-tankdriver

850 Posts

Male

Posted - 12 Aug 2008 :  7:01:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit MILD50's Homepage Send MILD50 a Private Message

I think if you've built it to handle abuse- thrash it. But if we're talking stockers- be gentle so it'd don't drop its guts ;)

trizo
Forum Moderator

desert-sheriffstar

3091 Posts

Male

Posted - 12 Aug 2008 :  8:55:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit trizo's Homepage  Click to see trizo's MSN Messenger address Send trizo a Private Message

if you gonna thrash it do it on the track .....if you do it on the road your a peanut, especialy with the new dikwad (hoon) laws! They were only introduced beacuase of tools thashing there cars and killing people or them selves!

V8VNCalais
Fully Licenced

symbols-anarchy

238 Posts

Male

Posted - 12 Aug 2008 :  10:52:15 PM  Show Profile  Click to see V8VNCalais's MSN Messenger address Send V8VNCalais a Private Message

as hard as the ecu will let it be treated through everyday driving. If I break this thing I dont have a car. I can see Trizos point you might have to rethink your question to get something more conclusive. There is a time and place for everything even then you wouldnt get me out on a skid pad with my car. unless I had picked it u from the wreckers with the intention to do damage to it. As I said time and place I would stick to straight line off street drags and motorkhana events

furion
P Plater

animal-scorpion

12 Posts

Male

Posted - 14 Aug 2008 :  2:12:08 PM  Show Profile  Click to see furion's MSN Messenger address Send furion a Private Message

Some drive hard some dont ! i have always had a thrash car, i guess people that rely on there car everyday use then of course you will love , all obvious statements above , just a poll, i read the other polls , didnt think it was all so serious lol, but thanks for the lecture never the less

Zippo

trizo
Forum Moderator

desert-sheriffstar

3091 Posts

Male

Posted - 14 Aug 2008 :  6:02:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit trizo's Homepage  Click to see trizo's MSN Messenger address Send trizo a Private Message

your welcome!

lil_chip_91
Starting in the driveway

monsters-monkeyman

4 Posts

Male

Posted - 30 Nov 2008 :  4:51:30 PM  Show Profile Send lil_chip_91 a Private Message

i thrash my Vn series 2 i thrash it cos i know how to look afta it and know how to fix the probs most of the time. but it is smarter to love ur transmisson if u arent willing to get i there n get dirty my suggestion keep the underbody of ya car as clean as possible if u prefer ur clothes to stay cleant.

=lil_chip91=

nodg
National Driver

1667 Posts

Male

Posted - 30 Nov 2008 :  5:56:46 PM  Show Profile  Click to see nodg's MSN Messenger address Send nodg a Private Message

'You cannot view the poll results before you vote!'

Im trying to vote but no matter which button i press above it gives this message..

Anyway i treat mine hard sometimes when im in the mood but overall i treat my car pretty good as im too scared to break something ;)

Cheers,
Nodg.

hsv_babe
Fully Licenced

cart046

269 Posts

Female

Posted - 30 Nov 2008 :  7:00:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit hsv_babe's Homepage  Click to see hsv_babe's MSN Messenger address Send hsv_babe a Private Message

i thrash my car every now and then, but i take extremely good care, you could even call me obsesive when it comes to my car!!

I'd gladly push my holden than drive a bloody ford!

Mechknight73
National Driver

robot-robot14

1001 Posts

Male

Posted - 12 Nov 2009 :  12:07:21 AM  Show Profile Send Mechknight73 a Private Message

I can't afford it at the moment, as I'm saving up for a new one. 190,000 and the original, as fas as I know.

SKDWGN
P Plater

80 Posts

Male

Posted - 27 May 2010 :  10:19:36 AM  Show Profile Send SKDWGN a Private Message

i flog my statesman half the time but my car always had a rough gear change and i dont really car it i blow her up or break something cos i have a spear everything in my burnout car but when all u wanna do it burnouts and theres not enough burn out comps around my area i get a bit on edge to rip it up a bit but yeah im a hoon/ 18 year old that says it all lol but yeah i only do it in areas where no 1 is around out the front of my mates shed is my fav spot atm even tho i seen coppers drive down there the other day for the first time but in traffic im a cruzer sometimes take of hard at lights but the motor is tired now as i got drunk one night and went stupid bagging the rev limter all night worse thing i did cos now it dont even cherp the tyres flat to the floor in a straight line but it will when i first start it

wheres theres smoke theres rubber

Edited by - SKDWGN on 27 May 2010 10:23:38 AM

kona12
P Plater

cart047

25 Posts

Male

Posted - 25 Sep 2010 :  11:15:18 PM  Show Profile Send kona12 a Private Message

auto :'(

Tonto
P Plater

sports-fishing

67 Posts

Male

Posted - 30 Sep 2010 :  12:21:01 AM  Show Profile Send Tonto a Private Message

Auto....and take it nice and easy, 360 odd thousand k's..really looking after the ol girl now...Is Pendantic the word?. But i'm changing oil/filter every 5000k now, and letting her warm up for a couple of minutes before driving,(cold mornings) Coolant changed yearly. Was driving home tonight thinking"i've had this car for over a decade now, and apart from pulling to the left, and the odd weird rattle that can't be found, Its still a comfortable car to drive...........and its time for a wheel alignment.

spac89
P Plater

smurf03

47 Posts

Female

Posted - 29 Mar 2011 :  9:22:39 PM  Show Profile Send spac89 a Private Message

love heaps last time pulled it down in the gears it didnt like it hahahaOriginally posted by furion

How good do you treat your transmission ?
[/quote]
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
www.VNCommodore.com Support Forums © 2005 - 2023 Go To Top Of Page  
This page shown in 0.31 seconds.   Snitz Forums 2000
Do not Click Here

Currently 326 user(s) online

Copyright © 2005 - 2023 by: Greening Computer Services