Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!
www.VNCommodore.com Support Site - Forums Page © 2005 - 2023
    Forums Page 

Main Menu

Start Page  
Forums  
Register  
Recipe Book  
Active Topics  
Active Polls  
Forum Search  
Online Auctions  
Online Classifieds  
FAQ  
Greeting Cards  
Guestbook  
Disclaimer  
Contact Us  
Links  
Username:

Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

www.VNCommodore.com Support Forums
 All Forums
 General Area
 Car Audio
 Subwoofer Fault
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
  Current Topic Rating: Total Rating: 0 | Join the Forum to Rate this Topic at: www.VNCommodore.com Support Forums  

leebo
Fully Licenced

simp048

495 Posts

Male

Posted - 16 Feb 2009 :  4:33:53 PM  Show Profile Send leebo a Private Message

hey guys there's something bugging me each time i turn on my stereo and I've never got around to fixing it so i will ask you.

every time i fire up my head unit to listen to music before the song starts to play or anything happens on the screen the subs go thump each time.

I have tried quickly turning down the volume each time but is just as loud.

has anyone had this happen before or know what to do?
I was thinking just of the top of my head like a resistor or something just guessing.

any help is great thanks.

I'll show you the Rick James cell. It's superfreaky!.
Report to Moderator

jakewaze
P Plater

14 Posts

Male

Posted - 16 Feb 2009 :  6:00:07 PM  Show Profile  Click to see jakewaze's MSN Messenger address Send jakewaze a Private Message

i'm not 100% sure but it is probaly some sort of interferance. Try checking the earth from the amp and also make sure no wires are touching something they're not supposed too.,
hope this gets you started atleast
Report to Moderator Go to Top of Page

leebo
Fully Licenced

simp048

495 Posts

Male

Posted - 16 Feb 2009 :  7:12:38 PM  Show Profile Send leebo a Private Message

no wires touch anything they shouldn't but I'll play around with the earth a bit an see how it goes

adro
P Plater

cart046

22 Posts

Male

Posted - 17 Feb 2009 :  3:34:58 PM  Show Profile  Click to see adro's MSN Messenger address Send adro a Private Message

sorry mate cant help ya with that but my mate had the same thing happen in his vt and his just went away by itself, (mabey just a loose faulty wire)

Women, They Never Understand The Obsession Between A Man And His Commodore

leebo
Fully Licenced

simp048

495 Posts

Male

Posted - 17 Feb 2009 :  4:44:18 PM  Show Profile Send leebo a Private Message

i posted it on another forum too to see if can get results too so I'll see how that goes

Removed as requested
Removed as requested

0 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2009 :  9:42:21 PM  Show Profile Send Removed as requested a Private Message

Mine does it too and I had mine professionally installed. I know exactly what sound you mean and I didn't think it was a problem, I thought it just did it when the power went on.

I actually noticed it was broken when it didn't make the noise...

leebo
Fully Licenced

simp048

495 Posts

Male

Posted - 17 Feb 2009 :  11:00:45 PM  Show Profile Send leebo a Private Message

yeah okat then thanks for your reply I'm just gathering all these opinions to figure out how I'm gona go about it but i just mainly want to make sure it's not hurting my equipment.

hsv_babe
Fully Licenced

cart046

269 Posts

Female

Posted - 18 Feb 2009 :  08:30:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit hsv_babe's Homepage  Click to see hsv_babe's MSN Messenger address Send hsv_babe a Private Message

its relatively normal mine does it as well but my sub does not come in until about 3 seconds of music playing being either my ipod, radio or cd.

I'd gladly push my holden than drive a bloody ford!

lovevncomms
Fully Licenced

loon012

125 Posts

Male

Posted - 26 Feb 2009 :  08:29:08 AM  Show Profile  Click to see lovevncomms's MSN Messenger address Send lovevncomms a Private Message

hey hsv what part of wendouree ya in mate i'm n da west lmfao i'm a westie pmsl nice to meet some one who lives in the rat who's passionate about the commy's mate

swainy85
Learner

7 Posts

Male

Posted - 02 Mar 2009 :  11:04:17 PM  Show Profile Send swainy85 a Private Message

i do know about this problem and most people do the same thing with the wires dont have them all together have your speaker wires one side of your car and all the others on the other cos if they even sit nexxt to each other his will happen hope i can help.

chestm007
P Plater

simp033

44 Posts

Male

Posted - 02 Mar 2009 :  11:29:01 PM  Show Profile  Click to see chestm007's MSN Messenger address Send chestm007 a Private Message

its ya earth i had this same prob in my vn. try changing earth location or sanding back paint near earth location etc. goodluck

i didnt hit the gutter..... 20's did!!!!

leebo
Fully Licenced

simp048

495 Posts

Male

Posted - 03 Mar 2009 :  3:17:49 PM  Show Profile Send leebo a Private Message

yeah that's probably it mate I'll give that a go.

also another thing it has been doing lately i think it's the heat, it shuts down after a few hours of work in 30 degree heat and i feel it and it's really hot but the fuse hasn't blown. and let it coll down and it works again 10mins later.

is this some sort of safety switch it has or malfunction?

chestm007
P Plater

simp033

44 Posts

Male

Posted - 07 Mar 2009 :  5:05:50 PM  Show Profile  Click to see chestm007's MSN Messenger address Send chestm007 a Private Message

i think that may be the electrics heating up and causing enough resistance to make it turn off, more to the point it seems like some form of a safety switch, my 400w does it, but my 800w monoblock doesnt. where is your amp located?

i didnt hit the gutter..... 20's did!!!!

leebo
Fully Licenced

simp048

495 Posts

Male

Posted - 08 Mar 2009 :  5:38:32 PM  Show Profile Send leebo a Private Message

In the boot screwed onto that fold down middle part of the seats. (Calais fold down center). It shuts off in the heat and i bring it down to let the air get to it and it works again.

Probably nothing to worry about i would think.

mrvdv
Learner

7 Posts

Male

Posted - 07 Jul 2009 :  7:46:27 PM  Show Profile  Click to see mrvdv's MSN Messenger address Send mrvdv a Private Message

try earthing it in a different spot. I noticed my sub hums or thumps with a weak earth spot and check the earth on the amp as well

leebo
Fully Licenced

simp048

495 Posts

Male

Posted - 08 Jul 2009 :  6:42:24 PM  Show Profile Send leebo a Private Message

Thanks for that but i have pulled out my entire stereo and am starting again, new everything, matching, subs, amps custom boot installation

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
www.VNCommodore.com Support Forums © 2005 - 2023 Go To Top Of Page  
This page shown in 0.34 seconds.   Snitz Forums 2000
Do not Click Here

Currently 29 user(s) online

Copyright © 2005 - 2023 by: Greening Computer Services