Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!
www.VNCommodore.com Support Site - Forums Page © 2005 - 2024
    Forums Page 

Main Menu

Start Page  
Forums  
Register  
Recipe Book  
Active Topics  
Active Polls  
Forum Search  
Online Auctions  
Online Classifieds  
FAQ  
Greeting Cards  
Guestbook  
Disclaimer  
Contact Us  
Links  
Username:

Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Area
 VN Talk
 Surging and pulling. What is going on?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
  Current Topic Rating: Total Rating: 0 | Join the Forum to Rate this Topic at: www.VNCommodore.com Support Forums  

my-VN-aint-dead-yet
P Plater

music-metalhead

20 Posts

Male

Posted - 14 Dec 2010 :  2:41:25 PM  Show Profile Send my-VN-aint-dead-yet a Private Message

everytime i drive my car, after a few km's the revs seems to surge up about 1000 revs for a second or two and it feels as if the car is being pulled back. this happens about 4 or 5 times always in a cluster of no more than 10 seconds. Although after this happens, it seems to not happen again until the next time i take it for a drive. No warning or engine light come up on the dash or anything like that.

I have no idea what is happening and i need your help. I am worried that it may be a serious problem.

I drive a S1 89 calais if that help at all.
Report to Moderator

voodoo92
Fully Licenced

music-guitar

150 Posts

Male

Posted - 14 Dec 2010 :  3:26:10 PM  Show Profile Send voodoo92 a Private Message

i dont know if its related at all but my sisters bfs vt calais did that a few months ago and it turned out to just be extremly frayed high tension leads (spark plug leads). his mechanic said it was either this or the more serious coil pack. id suggest check your leads then try changing over the pack if it doesnt fix it but dont take my word for any of it just an educated guess

Bassist by day, VN nut by night
Report to Moderator Go to Top of Page

camo91vp
P Plater

33 Posts

Male

Posted - 14 Dec 2010 :  4:01:19 PM  Show Profile Send camo91vp a Private Message

thats happend a couple of times to my vp and my dads vr an it turned out to be the idle control valve. if thats any help at all
Report to Moderator Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
www.VNCommodore.com Support Forums © 2005 - 2024 Go To Top Of Page  
This page shown in 0.14 seconds.   Snitz Forums 2000
Do not Click Here

Currently 3 user(s) online

Copyright © 2005 - 2024 by: Greening Computer Services