Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!
www.VNCommodore.com Support Site - Forums Page © 2005 - 2024
    Forums Page 

Main Menu

Start Page  
Forums  
Register  
Recipe Book  
Active Topics  
Active Polls  
Forum Search  
Online Auctions  
Online Classifieds  
FAQ  
Greeting Cards  
Guestbook  
Disclaimer  
Contact Us  
Links  
Username:

Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Area
 New Member Welcome Lobby
 my first post and first time on the site
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
  Current Topic Rating: Total Rating: 0 | Join the Forum to Rate this Topic at: www.VNCommodore.com Support Forums  

innocent
Learner

5 Posts

Male

Posted - 09 Jan 2011 :  7:52:22 PM  Show Profile Send innocent a Private Message

Hi guys and girls my name is Rob aka innocent and thought i would get back on the forums . i have a VN rolling shell that im going to start as a project and do it into a vn ss mini tubb.
My other toys are Suzuki TLR1000 show bike , VZ SS Crewman and a 19 ft Ski boat show boat . My hobby are water sking , road bikes and cars . i dont think i have left any thing out lmao
Report to Moderator

voodoo92
Fully Licenced

music-guitar

150 Posts

Male

Posted - 09 Jan 2011 :  8:18:51 PM  Show Profile Send voodoo92 a Private Message

nice collection. can i have the ss :)? and welcome to the forum! some smart fellas here so all you need to do is ask

Bassist by day, VN nut by night
Report to Moderator Go to Top of Page

Mechknight73
National Driver

robot-robot14

1001 Posts

Male

Posted - 09 Jan 2011 :  10:17:44 PM  Show Profile Send Mechknight73 a Private Message

You'll find that the VN gives you a lot of room for customising; that includes engines, transmissions, interiors and body panels. VN-S have a lot of parts in common

innocent
Learner

5 Posts

Male

Posted - 10 Jan 2011 :  4:43:56 PM  Show Profile Send innocent a Private Message

cool thanks guys for the invite. i was thinking 383 stroker with twin throttle bodys and a turbo 350 , and for the trim ve hsv and paint atlas grey with heavy matellic or xe svo grey. but open to ideas

Mechknight73
National Driver

robot-robot14

1001 Posts

Male

Posted - 10 Jan 2011 :  6:06:24 PM  Show Profile Send Mechknight73 a Private Message

Is this one strip only, or do you want to get it on the road? If you wanted to do something different, and can spray two pack, I'd say look up VE Poison Ivy metallic green. It's a dark green, but would be something different as a colour without being too loud. Chrysler Magenta (as seen on the VH Charger) is loud, but a colour like Poison Ivy would have people scratching their heads trying to figure out what it is.

Unsure as to how well VE parts interchange with the VN-S. For example, to make any wheel from a VE fit one, you have to machine two millimetres off the centre hole. The seats might fit, but have no idea if they will. The VB-VZ should all fit, but the VE had an all-new floorpan. However, there's no harm in running over a VE with a tape measure. My own suggestion would be to either hire one for a day (so you can measure ANYTHING you can think of) then work out if or how it will fit) or ask an understanding car yard. Then you can buy or borrow the service manual to see how it bolts/screws/clips in.

VNs have very simple processes for dismantling or assembling anything, just ask if you have any questions.

voodoo92
Fully Licenced

music-guitar

150 Posts

Male

Posted - 10 Jan 2011 :  6:12:11 PM  Show Profile Send voodoo92 a Private Message

just wanted to sa that even though its the blandest colour you can see anywhere just about, grey or in this atlas grey is the one colour that i would love to respray my vn. just suits them sooo well.

Bassist by day, VN nut by night

innocent
Learner

5 Posts

Male

Posted - 10 Jan 2011 :  7:31:37 PM  Show Profile Send innocent a Private Message

thanks guys , the xe svo grey is the same as atlas grey but a little darker and the seats should fit by changing the rails i would think and as for wheels i have seen some killer deep dish f19 simmons custom on a vl calais

VNSVLE
Forum Moderator

smiley-blunder

1316 Posts

Male

Posted - 11 Jan 2011 :  9:39:55 PM  Show Profile Send VNSVLE a Private Message

Welcome to the family buddy!! Would love to see some pics of the TLR. I used to own one unfortunately it put both conrods out at about 180 :( Bit of a scary little ride. Now own a 2008 Hayabusa as well as many many cars :D

What's the difference between understeer and oversteer?
Understeer is when the driver is scared.
Oversteer is when the passenger is scared.

innocent
Learner

5 Posts

Male

Posted - 12 Jan 2011 :  9:39:58 PM  Show Profile Send innocent a Private Message

thanks VNSVLE the frame and motor are getting put together and the fairings are waiting to get painted and air brushed, i have nos for it and getting air ride kit. the boat it repainted and with airbrushing on it with a 383 stroker . the crewman is just an old work u off mine that ill get rid of next year and i have a 125 rm suzuki a.lmao have no more room now lol. getting a territory in a few weeks and another tlr yellow as well i hope , the tl's are a nice bike and if i get it we should go for a ride. where you from VNSVLE, im in craigieburn victoria

VNSVLE
Forum Moderator

smiley-blunder

1316 Posts

Male

Posted - 15 Jan 2011 :  09:12:08 AM  Show Profile Send VNSVLE a Private Message

Nice!! I used to have a 2000 Yellow. I am in central queensland but if you are ever up this way I am always keen for a ride.

What's the difference between understeer and oversteer?
Understeer is when the driver is scared.
Oversteer is when the passenger is scared.

my-VN-aint-dead-yet
P Plater

music-metalhead

20 Posts

Male

Posted - 17 Jan 2011 :  5:54:11 PM  Show Profile Send my-VN-aint-dead-yet a Private Message

welcome to the site buddy. i am slowly working on my vn calais and i was thinking about painting it poison ivy and silver.

Mechknight73
National Driver

robot-robot14

1001 Posts

Male

Posted - 18 Jan 2011 :  10:37:43 PM  Show Profile Send Mechknight73 a Private Message

That would be cool. Silver on the top or bottom?.

I've seen something today that's a little different, that pale lime green metallic seen on the VZ SS, with black above the pinstripe crease on a VS Statesman. You wouldn't think this would look good on paper, but in the metal, it does.

trizo
Forum Moderator

desert-sheriffstar

3091 Posts

Male

Posted - 23 Jan 2011 :  11:13:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit trizo's Homepage  Click to see trizo's MSN Messenger address Send trizo a Private Message

very nice and welcome m8 ,,,, Im sure you will get all the help u need!

3 can keep a secret if 2 are dead
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
www.VNCommodore.com Support Forums © 2005 - 2024 Go To Top Of Page  
This page shown in 0.2 seconds.   Snitz Forums 2000
Do not Click Here

Currently 15 user(s) online

Copyright © 2005 - 2024 by: Greening Computer Services