Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!
www.VNCommodore.com Support Site - Forums Page © 2005 - 2024
    Forums Page 

Main Menu

Start Page  
Forums  
Register  
Recipe Book  
Active Topics  
Active Polls  
Forum Search  
Online Auctions  
Online Classifieds  
FAQ  
Greeting Cards  
Guestbook  
Disclaimer  
Contact Us  
Links  
Username:

Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Area
 VN Talk
 Throttle Body Spring
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
  Current Topic Rating: Total Rating: 0 | Join the Forum to Rate this Topic at: www.VNCommodore.com Support Forums  

Cartrite
P Plater

car-ferrari

73 Posts

Male

Posted - 13 Nov 2011 :  10:49:25 AM  Show Profile Send Cartrite a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Hi Guys..just replaced my Engine Mounts(thanks Voodoo),bastard of a job,never again.

Anyway had to take throttle plate off as it was hitting the firewall when i jacked motor up and i can't get spring back on in correct place,anyone know the if there is a trick involved.....TIA
Report to Moderator

Benche
Fully Licenced

simp019

240 Posts

Male

Posted - 13 Nov 2011 :  10:58:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit Benche's Homepage Send Benche a Private Message  Reply with Quote

a flat head screw driver and a bit of fiddling good luck mate. C*NT OF A JOB

VN V6 MANUAL - 14.1sec 1/4MILE, 150rwkw, 350nm
Report to Moderator Go to Top of Page

VNGRPA
Fully Licenced

monsters-skull

426 Posts

Male

Posted - 13 Nov 2011 :  3:34:25 PM  Show Profile Send VNGRPA a Private Message  Reply with Quote

i just use my fingers to compress the spring in the black case then put it on the plate and then when your putting it back on the tb turn it as you do it once you have done it a few time it easy to do, if you cant do it with your fingers do what Benche said

voodoo92
Fully Licenced

music-guitar

150 Posts

Male

Posted - 13 Nov 2011 :  5:31:38 PM  Show Profile Send voodoo92 a Private Message  Reply with Quote

lol i think i shoulda taken my tbody off when i did mine, but instead i just let it hit the plastic strip about it numerous times.. good job on the mounts aswell!!

Bassist by day, VN nut by night

Cartrite
P Plater

car-ferrari

73 Posts

Male

Posted - 15 Nov 2011 :  10:11:58 AM  Show Profile Send Cartrite a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Thanks for the replies guys,i will have another go next W/end.

Cartrite
P Plater

car-ferrari

73 Posts

Male

Posted - 17 Nov 2011 :  09:09:03 AM  Show Profile Send Cartrite a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Ok ..sucess thanks to a mechanically minded neighbour and a carton of Tooheys.For anyone in the same position this is how we finally got the bastard on.
1..Disconnect throttle cable & Tranny cable from plate.
2..fit spring in its black plastic holders & fit over bolt,two bottom prongs fit on tab under throttle stop screw.
3..hook a strong piece of string or cord on two top prongs and tension spring by pulling towards front of motor with left hand.
4..with right hand place throttle plate on bolt and manouvre top prongs into place by pulling string out slightly.
Time consuming finicky job,i hate working on old cars but i hate paying someone to do it worse. Cheers.

Benche
Fully Licenced

simp019

240 Posts

Male

Posted - 19 Nov 2011 :  10:23:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit Benche's Homepage Send Benche a Private Message  Reply with Quote

i would rather work on an old car then a new one.

VN V6 MANUAL - 14.1sec 1/4MILE, 150rwkw, 350nm

nathvn
Starting in the driveway

1 Posts

Male

Posted - 06 Sep 2013 :  4:39:38 PM  Show Profile Send nathvn a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Hi guys bare with me this is my first post. I no this is old post but I have just had to do exactly this in my series 1 vn. Ive replaced the throttle spring exactly how this forum said(thank you couldnt have done it without your help) but now the throttle spring wont fully close. If I give it a hard rev and release the peddle fast it will close. But if I drive soft it gets stuck open n continues to rev.im pretty confident iv put the spring back on correctly. So its got me stumped anyone got any ideas please help

Cartrite
P Plater

car-ferrari

73 Posts

Male

Posted - 13 Sep 2013 :  09:50:03 AM  Show Profile Send Cartrite a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Only thing i can suggest is spring is not fully wound,might need to do it again.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
www.VNCommodore.com Support Forums © 2005 - 2024 Go To Top Of Page  
This page shown in 0.11 seconds.   Snitz Forums 2000
Do not Click Here

Currently 4 user(s) online

Copyright © 2005 - 2024 by: Greening Computer Services